Congratulations to Team Goa for their continuous success in Health and Safety Management!
Glenmark’s Goa plant has been awarded by the British Safety Council with an International Safety award for demonstrating a strong commitment to good health and safety management during 2020.
The British Safety Council, through this award, recognizes organizations that have demonstrated commitment to occupational health, safety and well-being across the globe.
Congratulations to the colleagues who contributed in this achievement - Mr. Prakash Naik, Ms. Ruchi Wagadre, Ms. Kavitha Nair, Mr. Rohit Gupta, Mr. Hrushikesh Bhoj, Mr. Amit Desai and Goa EHS Team.
Our Goa plant has won this International Safety award for the second consecutive year, having achieved the highest score both the years.
The facility achieved this by undertaking the following important measures:
- Successful implementation of Global Safety Programs concerning Contractor Safety, Chemical safety, Management of Change, Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding, Isolation of Hazardous Energies (LOTO), Person Protective Equipment, Confined Space Safety, Emergency Preparedness & Response Plan, Occupation Health Management, Industrial Hygiene Program etc.
- Other good practices relating to employee wellbeing, controls for COVID-19, mock drills, contractor work management, work permit system , Near Miss Reporting, weekly fire fighting drills, incident investigation, regular first aid trainings, software for health monitoring, inspection on ladder safety, medical fitness checks etc.
This International Safety Award not only recognises the efforts put in but also helps us to:
- Motivate our teams for further improvement
- Lead by example for other organizations in the industry
- Set a benchmark for health and safety
- Strengthen our partnerships and get access to more business opportunities
- Showcase our commitment to excellent health and safety standards.